- VRC identified complementary technologies and determined that such technologies had the potential to be profitably combined into a unique, world-class industrial recycling process.
- VRC secured the rights to the existing Intellectual Property and contributed these to a new Swiss Company (“SwissCo”).
- A “series A” funding round was rapidly raised with private investors. The goal was to develop a working lab scale pilot process using the combined technologies.
- Leveraging the know-how of its Managing Partners, VRC organized the hiring of highly specialized technical consultants and oversaw the management of the pilot project.
- 9 months later, having successfully demonstrated that the process was effective at lab scale, VRC proceeded to successfully raise a “series B” funding round with existing and new investors in order to take the underlying technologies to the pre-industrialization stage as well as to initiate SwissCo’s commercial development.
- SwissCo has now raised its “series C” funding round enabling full scale industrialization of the technologies and process.
Series C pre-money valuation at more than three times the Series A value. Total funds raised to date CHF 7 million